“MK Series from Acoustic Technologies – the perfect choice for Elixir Rooftop Bar”
About the Venue:
Nestled above Brisbane’s busy Ann Street, Elixir offers a hidden tranquillity, avoiding the hustle and bustle of busy Fortitude Valley below. This exclusive rooftop sanctuary makes for a perfect setting to mingle with friends and family, celebrate special occasions or simply wind down after a busy day at work.
Elixir boasts a selection of over fifteen local craft beers, specially hand crafted ciders and a range of the worlds finest champagnes, catering to a wide variety of tastes. For the elegant palette, the menu showcases an exciting and innovating range of exclusive ‘Elixir’ inspired masterpiece cocktails, including all time classics with a unique twist, which are served using the freshest of fruits and premium spirits. A range of gourmet delights will also be on offer to compliment ones choice of beverage.
Elixir Rooftop Bar embodies the spirit of old world mystic, based on the timeless forgotten tale of the ‘Elixir of Life’, a magical drink that is rumoured to give eternal life and youth. The story goes that markings found on the moon is evidence of the mystical ‘moon rabbit’ grinding the elixir of life together with a mortar and pestle. Elixir embodies this spirit through the creation of unique cocktails, blended by the Elixir ‘alchemists’.
Elixir offers various exclusive function areas, catering for events ranging from corporate board meetings to social launches. The rooftops fresh wooden décor, lush plants and clean day bed style seating allows for a relaxed yet sophisticated environment, while the stylish indoor function room provides a more formal setting.
The Audio Requirements
- The design criteria:A highly discrete 2 way system that provides even coverage throughout the venue
- Highly controlled dispersion of each speaker to ensure no sound leaves the venue – specific requirements were set out by the respective licensing bodies
- Visually unobtrusive speakers that can withstand the expected conditions of a roof top bar
- Miniature cube speakers providing close infill for booth seating
- DJ connection in the front corner of the space as well as an auxiliary connection located behind the bar
- Integration with Dynalite for power saving control
- Complete control of the audio system from an iPad or iPhone
- As Elixir is situated in close proximity to residential property it was imperative to design and install a sound system that provides warm even sound throughout the venue but does not spill over the perimeter. Close attention to aesthetic constraints was paid to ensure the system dissolved into the decor of the venue but maintained it’s audible presence as a primarily electronic music system.
The obvious choice for this application was the MK Series loudspeakers and amplifiers. The core of the mid high is handled by 4 MK100 wide dispersion enclosures spread across the front of the bar, kitchen and toilets entrance while the booth seating at the other end of the room is covered by 4 MK50 ultra compact cubes. Bass reinforcement for the whole venue is handled by 2 MKB150 (LGB03) 10″ sub bass enclosures incorporated into the underside of the booth seating and kitchen serving cabinets. A single MK8175 8 channel power amplifier drives all the speakers with room for future expansion if required.
The newly installed system performs exceptionally well and truly sets a standard in high end installations for boutique venues.
To find out more about the venue and to experience this installation for yourself, head to www.elixirrooftop.com.au or pop into the venue on Ann St